The Bump in the Night

Friday, October 1, 2010

Spirit Grandma Grace Came for a Visit

She had called me up in the late morning and said we need to talk!  This was yesterday September 29th, at work she had had that ‘moment’ and asked of herself the ultimate question, “What am I doing? And where am I going?”
Since she is a returning client, I had time in the afternoon and at 2:00 PM we set up the appointment to talk.
I called her promptly at 2:00 PM; she chuckled and asked how much time I had for her.  “Humm, sounds like you have something serious to talk about.” 
This was a private session, so I cannot tell you details.  She allowed me to do the talking, and I covered many of the topics she was most concerned about before 25 minutes had passed. 
Her voice quickened and she needed to close up shortly and get back to her hair styling job. 
“There is a fine line between co-incidence and faith.”  A great line in one of great “Mummy” movie series, and here I will make reference to this as I go on to explain what happened next.
Around 25 minutes into the session, I paused and then said, “I wonder who is telling me this for you?”  Quickly as I said that, I was shown such a sweet looking “grandmother” very light skin, such apple shaped cheeks and very blue piercing eyes.  She appeared small in stature with a very small frame.  I explained everything I was seeing, my Client just said over and over, “I can’t recognize her.”  I told her not to spend time in the session figuring out who she is, but that she was there for her.  I made a comment, “I think she could be a great-grandmother” to your family.  I will par-phase what she gave to me next, “Take your time, be you and happy. “
My client then added, next time we need to talk about “religion”.  I quickly got that this was not the session to discuss this topic.  We finished up with a couple extra, “how to get started with her life” statements.
Later that evening, she had got off work and driving home she had another one of those moments, “Oh My Goodness that was my ex-husband’s Grandmother!”  My Client had been married for two decades and divorced five years ago.  She was very fond of her ex-husband’s Grandmother Gracie and loved her and Grandmother had loved her in return. 
Gracie passed away last February, when my client attended Grandmother Gracie’s funeral the family had included pictures of her as part of the tribute slide of family pictures.  Gracie's family told her how much they missed having her in the family; and that divorce sometimes means you divorce not a spouse but an entire family.
Very emotional she called her adult daughter and told her of our talk together and that I had brought through Grandmother Gracie. 
Her daughter then said, “Really?  Did you know that Dad and I took Grandmother Gracie’s ashes to her family plot in Oregon yesterday?” 
In response to this, my Client could not believe the co-incidence and that Gracie had wanted “her” to be happy in her life.  She said this message had brought her such comfort to know that this lovely lady still loved her.  My Client also expressed amazement that Gracie also said she was a “great grandmother,” which she was to my Client’s children. 
The next afternoon, we talk again and I asked what about her religion question?  My Client had mentioned her frustration with the ‘rules’ of her church.  Though I do believe that a church environment can be emotional healthy place to connect with like-minded people, for her to be in a hostile environment was not good. 
I wondered how Gracie showing up affected her idea of “a church environment talking about religious thought”.    She paused and considered this for a minute.  Clearly spiritual thoughts, actions and co-incidences happen every day to show us hope and a reason for happiness.  But, add the purposeful appearance of a “spirit family member” and the co-incidences combined makes an overture of “something more” and “the Divine” which makes “faith” in our purpose more real than ever before.  For if we survive, than clearly we are here for a purpose of “Living and Learning all we can of Life”.  
I asked my Client if I could type this story up and she said she would also follow up with an e-mail so I can post it with the Testimonials at my web site www.NancyMatz.net
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment